For 20 years, B. Braun has been working alongside patients and healthcare professionals in the development of therapeutic educational tools and the Actreen® range dedicated to intermittent urinary catheterization.
Main characteristics of Actreen® catheters
Pre-lubricated and ready-to-use catheters
Actreen® catheters are pre-lubricated with a unique formula which is composed of glycerin and water. and so immediately ready-to-use, with no need of previous preparation steps as adding water.
No drying out for up to 60 minutes
No catheter drying out: Once opened their packaging, Actreen® catheters don't dry out for up to 1 hour (1)
Thanks to its lubricant formula, the water molecules are captured by the glycerin.
(1) For safety and hygienic reasons, we advise you to use the product in the shortest possible time after opening.
We ensure safe products by using PVC- or latex-free material. We work with no-touch concepts to prevent any catheter contamination. We've also implemented anti-reflux valves on the urine bags of the sets.
Low risk of urinary tract infection
Glycerin solutions create however a bacteriostatic medium, in which bacteria will not develop. (2)
Easy to open and environmentally friendly packaging
Our user friendly packaging is easy to open, meaning that Actreen® catheters can be used also by patients with limited dexterity.
The catheters and sets do not have any additional outer packaging or plastic foil that gives a direct access to the catheter and a benefit for the environment regarding to less waste. The packaging of this new catheter generation is also recyclable and environmentally friendly. If the plastic material is incinerated, the polyethylene is broken down into water and carbon dioxide.
Wide range of catheters / sets
- Three catheter lengths: mini (9cm), midi (16cm), maxi (37cm/41cm)
- Two different tips: Nelaton and Tiemann
- A large choice of diameters: from CH06 to CH18 (from 2,0 mm to 6,0 mm)
Silky eyelets for smooth insertion
Thanks to our new Actreen® technology, our product manufacturing process has been innovated in order to obtain smooth eyelets on our Actreen® catheters. This means:
- Non traumatic catheter eyes for smooth insertion
B. Braun has a worldwide presence to provide a good service to our customers around the world.
(2) Glycerol dissimilation and its regulation in bacteria, Lin, Annual Review of Microbiology, 1976, and Principles of the thermal destruction of microorganisms, Plug, Holcomb & Gomez, Williams & Wilkins, 2000