1. Elia MD, Fabrizio, Ferrai MD, Giovanni, et. al. Standard-Length Catheters vs Long Catheters in Ultrasound-Guided Peripheral Vein Cannulation. American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2012, 30:5, 712-716. doi: 10.10116j.ajem 2011.04.019.
2. Stone RN, Phillip, Myer MSN, RN, CRNI, VA-BC, Britt, et al. Ultrasound-Guided Peripheral I.V. Access: Guidelines for Practice, American Nurse Today website.,
3. Miles, Gayla, Newcomb, Patricia, Spear, Dave. Comparison of Dwell-Times of Two Commonly Placed Peripheral Intravenous Catheters: Traditional vs. Ultrasound-Guided. Open Journal of Nursing, 2015, 5, 1082-1088, doi: 10.4236/oin.2015.512115.
4. Compared to the catheter length of the two most commonly purchased brands in the UK, specifically referencing 20G ported peripheral IV catheters
5. Bahl et al, 2019. Ultralong Versus Standard Long Peripheral Intravenous Catheters: A Randomized Controlled Trial of Ultrasonographically Guided Catheter Survival, American College of Emergency Physicians
6. Introcan Safety Deep Access Market Research, 50 completed surveys collected October – December 2012. Conducted by BBraun Medical Ltd via NIVAS. Data on file.
7. Data on file
8. Helm, R.E., Klausner, J.D.,Klemperer, J.D., Flint, L.M. and Huang, E., 2015. Accepted but unacceptable: peripheral IV catheter failure, Journal of Infusion Nursing, 38(3), PP.189-203
9. Department of Health. Peripheral intravenous catheter (PIVC) Guideline. Retrieved October 8,2019, from https://www.health.qld.gov.au/_ _data/assets/pdf_file/0025/444490/icare-pivc-guideline.pdf
10. Steere, L., Moureau, N., 2019, Reaching One Peripheral Intravenous Catheter (PIVC) Per Patient Visit with LEAN Multi-Modal Strategy: The PIV5Rights Bundle, Presented at the Association for Vascular Access Annual Scientific Meeting, Las Vegas
11. Deutsch GB, Sathyanarayana SA, Singh N, Nicastro J (2014) Ultrasound-guided placement of midline catheters in the surgical intensive care unit: a cost-effective proposal for timely central line removal. J Surg Res 191 (1): 1-5. Doi:10.1016/j.jss.2013.03.047.