Silver alginate dressings
Askina® Calgitrol® Thin is a thin sterile layer of ionic silver alginate matrix that that in the presence of wound exudate gels to form a moist wound environment conducive to natural healing conditions.
- Easy to apply, no special skills or equipment required(1)
- No activation needed: ready to use(1)
- Helps prevent contamination from external bacteria(1)
- Can be left in place for several days until secondary dressing requires changing(1)
- Can be cut to size, if needed, before removing the protective films(1)
- Suitable for cavity wounds
- Available in the following sizes:
For the management of
- Partial to full thickness wounds
- Stage I-IV pressure ulcers
- Vnous ulcers
- Second degree burns
- Donor sites
It is indicated for external use only and may be used in the management of infected wounds under medical supervision at the discretion of the physician.
(1) Instruction for use: Askina® Calgitrol®Ag, Askina® Calgitrol® THIN, Askina® Calgitrol® Paste.
(2) TrialC, Darbas H, Lavigne J-P, Sotto A, Simoneau G, Tillet Y, et al. Assessment of the antimicrobial effectiveness of a new silver alginate wound dressing: a RCT. J Wound Care. 2012 Jan; 19(1):20-6.