Check for handling errors
Apart from device faults, typical handling errors also cause abnormal values. Please consider the tips below to receive correct measurement results:
Check your meter
Make sure that your meter and test strips are working properly and try the following:
- Check the expiry date and shelf life of your test strips.
- Check that the test strips have been stored at the correct temperature.
- Check if your meter is working properly with the check strip.
- Repeat the measurement with a new test strip.
- Check if your meter is working properly with the control solution suitable for your meter.
- Ask your diabetologist or physician for support.