b. braun transcare From hospital to home
Choose a category or subcategory
Building bridges from hospital to home
Hospitals, homecare providers, physicians and nurses are faced with the challenge of developing methods to assure that high quality treatment of patients can be provided in a home setting.
TransCare is a B. Braun service to transfer patient care effectively from the hospital to their home, in a way that makes it possible to continue to provide optimal care.
Seamless follow-up care is a very complex task, especially when it involves intensive and complex therapies. Medical and organisational know-how and an awareness of legal requirements are needed in order to coordinate the interaction of everyone involved, in providing care for the patient.
The TransCare Homecare service focuses on supporting your needs by delivering individualised quality patient care.
Our aim is to support you when you leave hospital to go home.
We provide a home delivery service which includes:
- Convenient and discreet delivery of your medication
- Delivery of required equipment and ancillaries
- Collecting clinical waste
along with nursing care as directed by your referring clinician.
We recognise and understand that you may have many questions about homecare services, especially if this is your first time.
We are here to help and support you.
- You will receive a Patient Information Pack
- While you are receiving ongoing treatment, you will have regular courtesy telephone calls
- You will be greeted by a member of the TransCare team when you telephone
- You will have access to an Out of Hours freephone service for NON MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
TransCare is a nurse-led service, and as such all of the nurses working with TransCare are registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council, as well as being subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
TransCare focuses on providing a high quality service for our patients, and as such we provide our patients with a dedicated, named patient coordinator and a 24/7 freephone telephone number.
Our TransCare patient coordinators will liaise with the patient to arrange for the initial delivery of equipment and ancillary goods to the patient's home ready for their discharge, and a suitable delivery schedule going forward with the patient's therapy.
We never underestimate the role that the delivery driver plays in providing a homecare service. They have direct contact with your patient.
All our drivers undergo training so that they provide a courteous, empathic service. They have also undergone a Criminal Records Bureau Check and, with the consent of your patient, they unpack their delivery, rotate stock and take away any packaging.
Our service provision means that patients will get delivery from the same driver where possible, that drivers are courteous and on time, whilst always maintaining patient confidentiality.
There is a freephone number which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Freephone: 0800 840 5503
- You can speak directly with a dedicated Patient Coordinator between the hours of 08.30 – 17.30 Monday to Friday
- Outside of these hours the number automatically becomes an emergency out of hours number.
- This number is for NON MEDICAL EMERGENCIES ONLY
Remember you only need one number:
Freephone: 0800 840 5503