Silver alginate dressings
Askina® Calgitrol® Ag is a sterile dressing consisting of two layers:
- an absorbent polyurethane foam layer which provides for the absorption of wound exudate.
- an ionic silver alginate matrix which in the presence of wound exudate helps maintain a moist wound environment conducive to natural healing conditions.
- Absorbs wound exudate
- No activation needed: ready to use(1)
- Helps prevent contamination from external bacteria
- Very simple to apply, no special skills or equipment required(1)
- May be left in place for up to seven days or until the dressing is saturated with wound exudate(1)
- Available in three sizes:
- 10 x 10 cm
- 15 x 15 cm
- 20 x 20 cm
For the management of:
- Exuding partial to full thickness wounds
- Stage I - IV pressure ulcers
- Venous, arterial and neuropathic ulcers
- Second degree burns
- Donor sites
It is indicated for external use only and may be used in the management of infected wounds under medical supervision at the discretion of the physician.
(1) Instruction for use: Askina® Calgitrol® Ag, Askina® Calgitrol® THIN, Askina® Calgitrol® Paste.